My dad passed this along to me today. It’s a bit old but it still applies to business today. This list is from the first Profit 100 Issue in February 1989.
1) Share the wealth.
2) Beg, borrow and steal ideas even from big companies.
3) Service till it hurts.
4) Don’t lose the small-biz feeling.
5) Pick a niche and make it better.
6) Be flexible, and respond quickly.
7) Have a real fear of debt.
8) Every employee has a first name.
9) Concentrate your resources.
10) Never grow for the sake of growth.
It’s good stuff to keep in mind as we get bombarded by clients.